UTracks 2012 Photo Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. Instructions on how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions of entry.
2. Eligibility: The promotion is open to anyone whose work has never been previously published in a national publication. Employees of the competition promoter, sponsors associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter. Professional photographers are also ineligible to enter
3. Promotion period: The period for entering a photo in our 2012 promotion commences 22 March 2012 and closes 30 September 2012. The voting period of the promotion begins on 01 October 2012 and closes 31 October 2012. The winner will be contacted by phone or email betwen 5 and 9 November 2012 and advertised publicly during the same dates on our Facebook page. The winner will also be announced in the November issue of our monthly e-newsletter, Tracks and Trails.
4. Enter online only: To enter the competition you must submit your images (maximum 3 per person) online. Postal submissions will not be accepted, or returned.
5. Entry validity: Photos must be of a destination that feaures in the UTracks active European holiday program. They do not have to be taken on a UTracks trip. Images entered that do not match this simple criteria will not be approved for voting by the public. By entering the promotion, you confirm that you are not currently working in the media industry, are not a professional photographer or are not employed by any of the advertised supporting partners. Winning the prize does not create a relationship between the winner and the promoter or supporting partners of the competition.
6. The prizes: Main Prize: The winner will have the choice of two places on either our Loire Valley Castles, a 5-day self guided cycling tour, or our Compostela - The Beginning, a 5-day self guided walking tour, in France. Tour inclusions are
are outlined on the UTracks website. Travel insurance, travels costs to and from the tour and other ancillary personal costs involved with redeeming the prize are not included and will be the responsibility of the winner. The prize is non-transferable or exchangeable and not redeemable for cash. Voting Prize:
At the conclusion of the competition three names of voters will be drawn randomly using an excel formula within our Sydney office and provided with a UTracks travel voucher. The vouchers will be worth $150 in Australia, the USA, Canada and New Zealand and £100 in the UK. Entry prize
: Each unique entrant will be provided with a UTracks travel voucher. The vouchers will be worth $50 in Australia, the USA, Canada and New Zealand and £25 in the UK and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Vouchers will be emailed at the end of each month
7. Marketing: By entering into the photo competition you agree to allow UTracks to use the image for royalty-free marketing purposes only, including use in our brochure, website or advertising. A photo credit will be supplied where possible but cannot be guaranteed.
8. Original work:
By entering an image you are guaranteeing that the image is your original artistic work and does not infringe the rights of any third party, including but not limited to copyright; trademarks; trade secrets; privacy; publicity; personal or proprietary rights. Your agree to indemnify UTracks and the World Expeditions group of companies
against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of the above guarantees.
9. Invalid entries: Entries not completed in accordance with the rules and conditions or received after the closing date will not be considered. Indecipherable or incomplete entries will be deemed invalid. If your photo is not approved for entry by the moderator you will not be notified by email. No correspondence will be entered into.
10. Prize value: Prize values are the recommended retail value as advertised by UTracks on our website in your region and are correct at time of launching this promotion. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prize. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
11. Disqualification: If this competition is not capable of running as planned due to any reason whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) subject to any written directions given by a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion as appropriate. The promoter reserves the right to suspend or cancel any account or image from the competition should fraudulent or unfair activity be suspected. The decision of the promoter in such matters is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
12. Our newsletter:
By entering or voting in the competition, you agree to receiving email communications from UTracks. To be eligible for any of the prizes you must not have unsubscribed prior to the November 2012 issue of the UTracks Tracks and Trails newsletter
. Your details will not be shared with any partner unless you have opted to receive information from them.
14. Promoter: The competition promoter is UTracks, a division of World Expeditions, Level 5, 71 York St, Sydney NSW 2000. ACN 001 424 568